June 08, 2009

The Long Way Home


I've finally applied for my Irish Citizenship (!) last Friday week. As a good disbeliever in anything related to governments and/or bureaucracy, I sent my papers by An Post as a registered post! You know, just to be in the safe side of the transaction. It is more to have a proof that they've received my package than to track it back, but An Post doesn't send you any confirmation - just a number which you have to look yourself in the web... so you are effectively tracking your item.

So I did. I got to the An Post website an give my track number to the "automatic search engine" which showed me the results: a receipt with not only my track number, but other 127! Assuming not every people register their posts, It's a lot for a single day!

Now I can imagine why they are processing applications from July 2006... and unfortunately - whith some luck - mine will take only 34 months to be processed!

No comments: