August 08, 2010

Everything has a reason...

I grabbed a photo of a Castle from  the internet and got this email:
It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work, a photo entitled Castelul Hunanzilor, which will from hereon be referred to as the Work.

I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in 2004, [and have registered copyright therein].

Your work, http://eduardomiranda-plog.blogspot.com/ , is using, without authorization, my Work. - for photo infringement

As you failed to receive permission to use the Work within Castelul Hunanziolor and did not receive permission to make or distribute copies, [including electronic copies,] you have infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2).
Such an Artist, uh? This is what I call a copyrighted mind ! Well, I have to thank this person. His/her attitude made me search for another illustration of a castle - but not any castle. I deliberately searched for the same castle, and guess what? I ended up finding a better work, from an artist who is more interested in spread the art than trying to make a profit by threatening people. Check it out!

Yes, the Internet is a vast world... wide... web. Some people should just stay away from it.

1 comment:

Vicente said...

Actually I've often found that those most inclined to such overt defense of "Copyright" are the ones whose artistic quality is mediocre at best.

A true artist enjoys art for what it is, not for what it lets him earn, if it does so, is not an artist, but a technician in creation.