February 23, 2011

What a Dissimulator!

I got some feedback from friends about my "birthday poem" posted yesterday, and they were concerned about the darkness and the bitterness of the poem. I'd say this is the way I write, most of the time! And the beauty of writing is that you don't need to write the true... this is why is called fiction!

To recall Fernando Pessoa which wisely said:
The poet is a mere dissimulator

His dissimulation seems so real

That he dissimulates to be dolor

The dolor which he can really feel.

And those who read his writes,

In the pain chore feels well,

Not both the pains he delights,

But the one which no one tells.

Thus in the gutters of the funny wheel,

Spin, spin, to put my mind apart

This convoy of hope made of steel

This convoy of rope called heart.
Translated by myself...

No comments: