May 12, 2009

Dylanttante


I had the opportunity to attend to a Bob Dylan's concert. Yes, the Great Bob Dylan... godded for his brilliant lyrics and delightful melodies, accurate. But I tell you, Bob disappointed. Not artistically, but in his attitude. He arrived quite an left in silent. He didn't even say good evening, or thanks to the public: he only sang and played keyboard (!), three or four of harmonica solos and two songs on his guitar.

I, who despite not being a fan to know all the songs by heart, know his legacy and I can say ... I barely knew three or four songs he selected for the night - It seemed a "B side" show - which is not that bad, but I believe it would demand a little more interactivity... even more affection! And the songs (re)arrangements left many fans disappointed, just because the most of the songs were unrecognizable! Again, this is not that bad, but a little bit more... respect? Yes, that's it!

For those who consider him a god of folk music, a guru of poetry and literature, and now also a virtuoso because of his paintings, better know that his aura is less shiny now... unfortunately!

No comments: