January 06, 2010

Icy Dublin


Roads are frozen. Local authorities say they are doing everything they can to fix the problem - bring more salt to the country, pulverise the roads - as soon as possible. The Minister of Environment said it would be for the next day or so... How come?

Minister excuses started saying that main roads are OK (barely OK, I'd say), and they are the priority. Well, they may be the priority, but what about the traffic jam which in regular days, when all back roads are clean and unblocked, is already a chaos? What to say now with blocked back roads and main roads in icy conditions?

The Minister continues daying that if you watch the UK news you'll see that they have the same problem. My understanding - actually the first thing which comes to my mind - is that the Minister wants the british disgrace to act as consolation to us... jeez!

To be honest with you, I'm delighted with this weather! I'm brazilian! We have all the good weather there, and this is quite exotic to me! It's a shame the authorities don't provide people with the infrastructure they need to enjoy the season.

No comments: