January 19, 2010

wine taste & finger food for a tenner


Every wine lover should go for wine tastes in a regular basis. It's not just for the wine, but for the whole atmosphere. You meet a lot of people among the same interest, at least one: the love for the wine. And this is not enough, there is always other ways to go through, if you know what I mean...

The Hole in the wall pub is the venues for many wine events. They Yesterday I attended to the so called "Happy Mondays". The name should be because everybody is happy there, or even because everybody leaves happy! Anyway, the Happy Monday was a wine taste of 6 new zealander wines - 4 sauvignon blanc, 1 chardonay and 1 pinot noir. All sprinkled with a nice selection of finger food during the break time - so it will not spoil your palate! And the price? A mere tenner! Jezz...

It was not my first, but was my most enjoyable wine taste ever! And now I know my way - ok, I knew already, but was too lazy! - I'll do it more frequently... starting this 22nd of February (hum... the date recalls me something...), when Teresa and me will be attendind to he unique and innovative 5-in-5 series; over five nights, we will be sampling five grapes: shiraz, chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, sauvignon blanc and merlot.


The Hole in the Wall is right there, in the Blackhorse Avenue, beside Phoenix Park, Dublin 7. Numbers are limited and payments may be made in the attendance. You can assure a place by calling them on 01 8389491.

No comments: