February 12, 2010

In the Immigration Office...


- What do you mean you can't give me the full Visa? Am I not entitled to a 2 years stamp?

- Yes, sir, you are, but your passport is expiring in eight months, so I'll give you an eight months Visa.

- And after that?

- After that you will have to come back with your new passport to stamp it.

- Do I have to pay again?

- Yes, sir, you do.

- Why should I have to pay again if the Visa is still valid for only 2 years?

- You have to pay to imprint...

- Wow, what's so expensive? The stamp? Stamp-pad? Ink? I can provide them if you make it easier...

No answer.

- Why don't you just stamp my 2 years Visa and when this passport expires I just carry it with me, along the new one?

- We can't do that!

- Other countries do...

- We are not other countries. This is Ireland!

- Never mind...

He took his passport with the 8 months Visa. The Immigrant agent typed in his profile: watch out - inquisitor, with an inclination to independent thinking.

1 comment:

Fabiba said...

God love him... the immigration agent or.. the poor guy with the passport expired!